Many Rivers Microfinance Limited (Many Rivers) is a not-for-profit organisation that supports aspiring business owners with microenterprise development support and access to finance in order to see the potential of people and communities realised.
Our vision is for an Australia where all people have access to support and finance for commercial activities. The people we work with typically possess the ideas and skills to establish sustainable businesses but, for various reasons, have lacked the necessary financial support to do so.
Initially developed through a series of pilot programs by global microfinance leader Opportunity International, Many Rivers Opportunities (as it was originally known) was established in 2007 and began operating in Grafton NSW.
We currently have 24 operational offices in the following regions:
- NSW North Coast, Grafton
- NSW Northern, Moree
- NSW Hunter Valley, Maitland and Newcastle
- NSW Central, Dubbo
- NSW Western Sydney, Blacktown
- QLD Far North, Cairns
- QLD Central, Gladstone and Bundaberg
- QLD South East, Toowoomba and Roma
- QLD Brisbane
- VIC Melbourne
- VIC North, Bendigo/Shepparton
- SA Adelaide
- WA Pilbara, South Hedland and Karratha
- WA Kimberley, Kununurra and Broome
- WA Goldfields, Kalgoorlie
- WA Metropolitan, Perth
- NT Darwin
- NT Gove, Nhulunbuy
- NT Central Australia, Alice Springs
Many Rivers Head Office is in Sydney, NSW and we have a State Office in Perth, WA.